MagicFests, formerly Grand Prix’s, have been a part of the Magic: The Gathering community for decades. They are a time for celebration, joy, new friendships, adventure, and so much more. They are the lifeblood of our competitive Magic: The Gathering events. Many young FNM goers hear about a MagicFest and make it their goal to attend one. Once attended, it is one of the highlights of their childhood.
Gamers around the world travel to these for human connection, interaction, and comradery. Due to Covid-19, all of these events, like many others, have been cancelled across the world.
Channelfireball, the organizing body of these events, is doing something innovative to combat these cancellations. They are providing fully online MagicFests for players around the world. More details can be found here:
How MagicFests Online work:
- You play in a 25 dollar buy in qualifier. Six rounds, 5-1 or better qualifies you for the second stage of the event.
- The second stage of the event starts at 9:00 AM on Saturday (Weekly Championship).
- Players who do well on Saturday, 6-2 or better, advance to Sunday.
- Cut to top 8, prizes are awarded down to 130th place.
- The top 32 of this event qualify for the Seasonal Finals - the first one happens April 11th (50k dollar prize pool).
Additionally, Channelfireball is working tirelessly to bring you excellent coverage of these events, found here: https://www.twitch.tv/channelfireball. This coverage is 24/7, as they continue to funnel these qualifiers through, setting the stage for an amazing weekend of competitive play!
We hope that you join us in tuning in this week. Who knows, maybe you’ll see a few of us in a qualifier or two throughout the week!