What do you mean by “custom”?
If you design it, we can make it a reality. Any image or design can grace your next playmat, dice bag, mousepad, tote, crate, tapestry or hoodie. Your imagination is the only limitation. Well, that and our policy regarding unacceptable images.
What constitutes an unacceptable image for custom submissions?
We cannot print any trademarked or copyrighted work without permission. This includes company logos, sports teams logos, college logos, artists’ work that we do not feature on our website, etc. Please refrain from uploading anything that contains content that defames or vilifies any person, people, race, religion or religious group and/or is obscene, pornographic, indecent, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
If I have an idea for a custom image, will Inked Gaming design it for me?
Unfortunately, we are in the business of printing and manufacturing, not of designing. Eventually, we would like to have a collective of artists who are willing to take on commissions so that we can point interested customers in their direction… but for now, we are not able to provide this service.
How do I submit a design?
Please check out the instructions on our Art Instructions page
What if I don't want to crop my image and just have it all squished to fit onto the mat?
We can scale your image out of proportion for you. Just upload your image and in the special instructions box make sure to state that you want us to ignore the cropped image and instead skew the image to fit the product ratio.
What resolution do you print at?
We recommend submitting your image at 150 PPI. While we frequently receive and print images at 72 and 96 PPI, and make them look magnificent, we strongly recommend submitting at 150 PPI. We are happy to accept images up to 300 PPI!
How long will it take to get my order?
- We ship in "business days". That is Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
- Shipping time is calculated from the initial shipping date. Not order date. Your shipping confirmation email will include a tracking number. Tracking numbers may not be active until the following business day.
|Weight||Standard Domestic||International Economy|
|Less than 1 pound||$5.95||$9.95|
|1 to 2 pounds||$8.95||$14.95|
|2 to 3 pounds||$13.95||$17.95|
Free Shipping - All Domestic US orders over $60 and International orders over $99 are eligible for Free Shipping*.
*Eligibility is checked for after any sales/deals/discounts are applied.
APO/FPO/DPO - address do count as Domestic Addresses.
Do you ship outside the US?
However, due to their size, 48x48 inch Wargaming Mats are not able to be shipped internationally. They are just too long for the carriers to handle without folding them in half, and we do not wish to do that to them. The mats that is, not the carriers. I mean we don’t want to fold the carriers in half either. That would just be a bit rude really.
Please note, you are responsible for any fees, duties, or taxes that may be charged by your country’s customs office.
How do I track my order?
You will receive an email that includes tracking information once your order has been produced and is ready to ship. The tracking number may not become live until the next business day after shipping.
For International orders when your order is handed off to the local postal service you can find their tracking number under "Delivery by USPS Int'l" or "Delivery by Postal provider" in the upper right-hand box on the DHL tracking page.
What is the "Kraken Cards In Store Pickup" shipping option?
We’ve got good news for those of you who live in our neck of the woods! Our Kraken Cards storefront is now offering in-store pickups for customers nearby in Oregon. Mind you, it will take 4-7 business days for your order to make it to the storefront, but at least you can stop by and have your item(s) in your hand before most others do. If you choose to use this option, please be aware that you can only swing by the store to pick up your order on the days/times that we are currently open.
Here’s a breakdown of Kraken’s current hours/days of operation:
Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Again, you can make your in-store pick on the days/hours listed above, as long as it’s been at least 4-7 days after your order! You can also join our Discord, get the Kraken local tag, and then check our In-store pickup channel to see if your order is ready before stopping by!
So, if you’re an Oregonian (like us), then this is the perfect opportunity to have your items sooner than later, and for you to come down and check out the operation for yourself. Who knows, you may see something else that catches your eye while you’re there! Our address is:
114 SW 3rd St.
Corvallis, OR 97333
We look forward to seeing you!
What type of printing process do you use?
Advantages of dye-sublimation over other methods of textile printing:
- Images are permanent and do not peel or fade.
- Dye does not build up on the fabric.
- Colors can be extraordinarily brilliant due to the bonding of the dye to the transparent fibers of the synthetic fabric.
- Truly continuous tones can be achieved that are equivalent to photographs, without the use special techniques such as half-screen printing.
- The image can be printed all over the entire item, with no difficulty in printing all the way to the edges.
Is it possible to clean my playmat and/or mouse pad?
Will my mat be the exact size listed on the website?
Returns and Exchanges
You can check out our Return Policy here.
Can I cancel my order?
Once we start production on a custom order, we cannot cancel it and the sale is final. If you want to cancel an order, please let us know right away. We sometimes can start working on an order the same day it is being placed.
- How thick are your playmats? Our standard playmats are about 1/16" thick. They roll up easily and lay flat on the table when in use.
- What is the difference between a regular and oversize playmat? The oversize playmat is 4" wider (28” wide) than a regular size playmat of 24” wide x 14” high. This additional width gives some extra play space which really helps for those who play Commander or other games. Other than the 4 extra inches the mats are the same.
- How do playmats get shipped to me? They are rolled and shipped in a tube. We never fold our mats for shipment.
- Can you do more custom sized mats? Sorry! The sizes we have listed are the sizes we can make. If you have a middle-sized image you can have it printed onto a larger mat and then trim it down the mat once it arrives.
Showcase Binder Questions
- What's that stripe on the binder? On our Showcase binders there will be a 1 inch spine cover and handle that will cover the underlying image.