Guess what?! It’s time for a new featured artist! Jessica Feinberg is an author and illustrator who is known for mixing magic in with everyday objects. Many of her paintings are of wildlife, trees, dragons, faeries, clockwork, and strange creatures. You might recognize her from designs like these...
1. Your name/ Pen Name:
Jessica Cathryn Feinberg
I'm an illustrator and author, who also runs a small business for products featuring what I create. I'm also considered a crazy crowdfunder as I have funded over 40 kickstarter projects!
3. What kind of art do you enjoy doing the most (digital, traditional, paint)?
For art mediums I love pencil, ink, traditional watercolors, and most forms of digital paint.
4. You’re a new addition to the crayon box... What color would you be?
I have no idea, I never had crayons growing up and my favorite color changes all the time... so I'd have to be some magical prismatic crayon!
5. What inspires you?
Wildlife, creatures, mythology, stories, and magic. And bringing more magic into the world for everyone else!
6. What’s your favorite song to jam out to?
I really don't have just one, but Blue Monday is pretty high on the list.
7. If your style was edible what would it be, and why?
Cake or sushi. Both are surprising, creative, colorful, and hopefully tasty!
8. A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a little hat. What does he say and why is he here?
He's here to tell me I've inherited money, but it's in penguin bucks which are not terribly useful to me. I'm hopeful there's also a haunted old penguin estate in the inheritance.
9. What are some hobbies you do when you’re not doing art?
Cooking, but mostly I just am always doing art or writing 😀 I also enjoy going to the movies and reading, but these days usually settle for audio books.
I do have a superpower! It's to take the things that would be flaws in myself and find a way to use them as powers!
11. How do you know when your art is finished (if ever)?
I usually just feel it with art. With writing, it usually is a deadline that tells me I have to let it go.
12. Name three artists you’d like to be compared to.
I wouldn't LIKE to be compared to anyone and I try really hard not to compare myself to others, but I am most often compared with Brian Froud and Tony Diterlizzi. Since I love their styles I suppose that's not so bad 😄.
You can see more from Jessica Feinberg here: https://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/artists/jessica-feinberg