Samantha Moore (AKA S’Moore) LOVES
cats. So much so that she has created an entire brand out of turning them into food
. They’re so cute you could just eat them up! But she doesn't just Illustrate kitty cats she also likes to draw landscapes, dragons, monsters, and other animals. Come take a look at all her amazing art during this short interview with her.
1. Who are you and what do you do?
I am a blonde chick born and raised in Martinez, CA. I am an artist, photographer, and solar sales specialist.
2. What kind of art do you enjoy doing the most (digital, traditional, paint)?
I enjoy creating digital drawings of my original characters as well as using colored pencils. Digital work is my favorite way to finalize my art and is easy to adjust and share. Besides, who doesn't like Ctrl Z when they mess up? I sure can't do that with colored pencils!
3. You’re a new addition to the crayon box... What color would you be?
Fire Crackle - A scarlet red crayon with glitter!
4. What inspires you?
Definitely natural landscapes and animals. I find that each creature has a variety of dynamic poses that fuel my character designs whereas landscapes are filled with a variety of colors and perspectives that give me ideas to incorporate into my art.
5. What’s your favorite song to jam out to?
As odd as it sounds, I love to listen to Save Me by Avenged Sevenfold while drawing cute kitty art.
6. If your style was edible what would it be, and why?
Spicy chicken wings. They make you question your life choices but you keep coming back for more.
7. A penguin walks through a door right now wearing a little hat. What do they say and why are they here?
8. What are some hobbies you do when you’re not doing art?
Where should I start...? Hiking, camping, longboarding, kayaking, swimming, cliff jumping, cooking, traveling, going to metal concerts, board and card games with family and friends, watching anime, gardening, working out, and going out to restaurants.
9. What superpower would you have, and why?
I would be a shapeshifter, specifically turning into animals and mythological creatures. This ability would give me various options to take down foes, allow me to blend in to my surroundings (ex, being able to spy on others as a microscopic creature), allow me to travel through any terrain, and provide me with the skills and build to survive in any environment. I've obviously thought about this before... Lol.
10. How do you know when your art is finished (if ever)?
It is never finished! There is always room for improvement.
11. What three artists have inspired you the most?