America in the 19th century: You are a rancher and repeatedly herd your cattle from Texas to Kansas City, where you send them off by train. This earns you money and victory points. Needless to say, each time you arrive in Kansas City, you want to have your most valuable cattle in tow. However, the "Great Western Trail" not only requires that you keep your herd in good shape, but also that you wisely use the various buildings along the trail. Also, it might be a good idea to hire capable staff: cowboys to improve your herd, craftsmen to build your very own buildings or engineers for the important railroad line.
If you cleverly manage your herd and navigate the opportunities and pitfalls of the Great Western Trail, you surely will gain the most victory points and win the game.
The second edition of Great Western Trail includes solitaire rules, making for a player count of 1-4.
The Changes in the Second edition:
- Brand New Artwork by Chris Quilliams
- Solo Mode: A New Challenger in the West
- Dual-Layered Player Boards
- Addition of a new breed of cows: The Simmental breed
- Two new reversible buildings (#11 & 12)
- Twelve Exchange Tokens, First introduced in the Rails of North Expansion, for more interaction with other players
- Four new Master Tiles added for more strategy, replayability, and challenges
Please allow 5-12 business days for our production wizards to create your product before shipping.